Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools!

I did not tell JD that today was April Fools day. He fools around enough during our school days. The Isuzu is still in the shop. I’m hoping for a speedy recovery.

The devotion today was about two highly excited angels. They were watching the scene where the Israelites were at the Red Sea. The water had just crushed down on the Egyptians. God talked with the two angels and wondered why God was sad. God’s response, “The work of my hands in sunk in the sea.” God loves all of His creations and he makes it crystal clear that he wants his children to display that same kind of love, even to the mean and hateful people we come into contact with. It’s not always easy, but it’s right.

In the AWANA book today JD learned that he was baptized by the Holy Spirit at the exact moment he accepted Christ. He also memorized two backup verses for this fact to back up challange 7:2.

The math lesson today was classifying triangles. JD had to identify obtuse, right, and acute triangles. He was all over this since he knows those angles so well. The we learned about similar triangle (one small, one bigger) and congruent triangles (the same size) He scored a 90% on the quiz.

For language arts I typed up the Ireland and Scotland questions and answers just the way JD wrote his answers. I showed JD all the errors (tactfully, of course) and had him edit the paper. He corrected most spelling errors and other items I marked, but not completely. I instructed him to physically highlight all the corrections on the paper I provided, but he didn’t understand and missed many errors. I re-edited it and he completed all the corrections. He did a GREAT JOB!

We did not do science again today. I guess I’m waiting to get a dirt “pH” tester to test our soil before planting seeds. I really need to figure out another science lesson until then.

We also did not do a social studies lesson today either. It’s been THAT kind of week.

The Isuzu is finally back. Don’t ask me what was wrong with it but it’s a miracle that it came back today. I spoke with the mechanic about it earlier in the day and he said the part we needed wouldn’t be here until Monday. (WHAT? Is this some kind of April Fools joke?  'Cuz I'm not laughing.) Anyway the part is installed and I can now take it to get it inspected AGAIN and finally get the tags updated.

We got the truck back just in time to race off to baseball practice.  The team is really shaping up and JD loves it so far.  I think that's because his dad is out there helping him.

I placed a call to both JD's nutritionist as well as his endocrinologist to see if they could answer my questions.  I'm curious what came out of the blood work.  And I'm curious about calorie counts being too low. 

No comments:

Post a Comment