Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A busy and good day

I’m catching up on my blogs from 29 Mar - 6 Apr. So again I’m unsure of the “kind” of day we had.  I do know that the Isuzu had to go to the vehicle doctor today to find out what's wrong with it. (This ought to be fun.)  I had to drop it off and walk home.  Now we play the waiting game...   

The devotion today was about choices. First it described choices based on our tastes (chocolate or vanilla). Then it had choices based on opinions (greatest baseball player). The last choice was based on right and wrong (like is lying right or wrong). Some things are absolute truths - that means they are true for all people, all places, all times. God has already revealed to us what is absolutely right and wrong.

In the AWANA book today for challange 6:6, JD read three different bible stories to learn about Peter and the lame man, the priest, temple guard, and Sadducees being upset with Peter and John for talking about Jesus, and a husband and wife named Ananias and Sapphira lying about money and dying right there on the spot.

The math lesson today was all about lines. It was a repeat from last year so JD did well. He relearned about parallel lines, perpendicular lines, intersection lines, and skew lines. He breezed right through the lesson and onto the quiz. He scored a 90% on the quiz.

JD did T4L for language arts today. He learned about synonyms. I did not write down what words he learned so I’m sorry I can’t share that with you. (I’m really slipping with this record keeping.

We did not do Science today. (Shame on me…)

For social studies today we went back to www.sheppardsoftware.com and played the map game again. This time we focused on the regions of Europe. There are six and JD was able to tell me that they were: Nordic, Western, Southern, Central, Southeastern, and Eastern. Then, we explored what countries fit into those six regions. All of the counties on that website are said in one voice except one and it cracks us up. So every time we hit the button we say, “Montenegro” like she does. We also crack up when it comes to Macedonia - Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) because they say it really fast. But we’ll never forget where those two are located on the map.

JD and I walked/scooted to my client's house and back while the Isuzu is in the repair shop.  JD read for one hour today while I cleaned my client’s house. The reason is I asked him to read yesterday for at least thirty minutes and he didn’t find time. (I know all about that.) He still reading The Collected Stories of Louis L'Amour, The Frontier Stories.

I called the repair shop at around 2:00 pm today and they hadn't even gotten the truck in yet.  They said, "It's on the rotation for tomorrow."  My very tactful response was, "Well that would have been noice to know earlier.  Then I could have made other plans."  Oh well, walking in the cold rain shouldn't stunt my growth or anything, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment