Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Car tags due

I counted today as a school day even though we only did one "school" related thing.  The rest of the day were "life" lessons.  JD and I read the devotion and we started reading the AWANA book, but JD just moped around tired.  He complained that the babies kept him awake last night.  I really didn't want a fight on my hands so we showered, packed a lunch, and headed out.  JD and I ran all around Spring Lake and Fayetteville today doing errands galore. 

I got a later start on errands than I wanted to but I managed to run to Big Lots, the Dollar Store, and Wal-mart looking for some items.  After that I went to get my hair cut.  I apparently fried it somehow while in  Europe.  Maybe the converter fried the flat iron, I don't know but my hair feels like a pile of hay.  I didn't get a "short" haircut but I did get alot of bulk cut off. 

Next task...trying to get both the Ford and the Isuzu inspected and tagged.  After about one hour of sitting in the waiting area I received the official score...my Ford passed the North Carolina inspection.  Yippie!  They apologized for the long wait but they had a call into DMV because of some typo on my registration form. 

Now I need to drive to Fayetteville to pick up the Isuzu. It was nice to visit with Jeff for a few minutes.  On the way back into Spring Lake we stopped at an Army recruiters office and asked for posters for JD's room.  They loaded JD up with posters, pens, water bottles, bags, etc.  He was one happy future officer.  

Then, we stopped to help two ladies push thier Ford Expedition off the road.  Turns out the fuel guage stopped working like my Ford did.  I ran and got them gas and pulled into the Jiffy Lube at 4:00 pm. 

I waited in the Jiffy Lube waiting room for 40 minutes for them to tell me the Isuzu did not pass the North Carolina inspection.  It has some kind of emissions leak.  The reason for the delay then was one machine ran out of inspection stickers.  (Um, ok.)  So, I'll take the Isuzu in tomorrow to get it checked out and fixed.  Jeff's tags expire Friday! (Nothing like waiting until the last day...)

Our baseball practice was cancelled for today.  It rained all morning on and off and it's cold.  Hopefully we'll be able to attend practice on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment