Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

A good short day

Friday, 19 Nov - Happy Anniversary to my parents!

It was a short school day.  We only got through: devotion, math, and reading.  It's been an errands-kind-of-week.  I feel like I didn't get enough done with school, but I can only do what I can do.

The devotion was called have a no-good absolutely horrible day. We’ve all had “one of THOSE days.” Paul, from the bible, had a couple of very bad days. In fact he had some bad, no-good, horrible weeks, months, even years. As he carried the gospel from place to place: five different times the Jews gave him 39 lashes, three times he was beaten with rods, once he was stoned, and three times he was shipwrecked. He was weary, in pain, had sleepless nights, and went without food, clothing or water. Paul had a different reaction than I would under even one of these circumstances. He was glad...because he understood that through each event Jesus’ strength and power were demonstrated. Jesus once said, “My power works best in your weakness.” The same is true for us.

The math lesson was about dividing fractions and mixed numbers. (This is crazy math and I’m glad fractions is also most over.) First we had to leave the first fraction alone and flip the numbers of the second fraction. Then, divide the top numbers by themselves. Next, divide the bottom numbers by themselves. Lastly, simplify the fraction. (One more day of fractions left.)

JD finished reading the short story called Tomas is Lost before his time was up so we just discussed the story and did not do a book report.

We had another short school day so I could complete yet more errands. Jeff picked up his medications and JD’s too, but he didn’t know I had meds available too. So I picked up my Migraine meds. I also had to drop off some money for JD’s football trophy and championship ring.  Our banquet is scheduled for 4 December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment