Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

School Picture Day

It’s was a good day for school, but not for the public! (You’ll see why in my errands area.)

The devotion was about video games and the consequences of bad moves or choices in the games. Kids today might not lose points or may not make it to the next level in a game but for the most part there are no consequences. As a matter of fact if they need to stop, they simply hit the pause button, save the game, and pick up again in the same spot days later. Real life is nothing like these games. The consequence for not studying for a math test, a failed test. The consequence for deciding not to help a friend, a hurt relationship. The devotion led us to Proverbs 27:12. It reads, “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”

The math lesson today was all about multiplying fractions. This lesson was easy enough once I found out (again) how to do it. All we had to do was multiple the top numbers together and then the bottom numbers together. Then we had our answer. Unless, we had to reduce it or simplify it. JD scored a 90% on the quiz. Daniel’s family has been job searching so Suri has not been attending FCA. (Bummer…)

I had JD read for thirty minutes today while I prepared for our errands. He is still reading the short story called Tomas is lost. (I’m beginning to think it’s not so short.)

Today was “school picture day.” We went to the Fayetteville Wal-Mart portrait studio to get JD’s school pictures. This task was a completely frustrating. The photographer was not personable and appeared agitated. Could that be because I showed up at 12:20 for my 12:30 appointment and the photographer took her friend in the back to photograph the newborn and I called her out? I said, “Um, excuse me…how long is that going to take?” The photographer promised I would be seen on time. (I was not.) Let’s just say I directed and posed JD for his shots. She had him turned completely sideways with only his head turned to the camera. (Really!?) I managed to get JD to smile for two of the five pictures taken because she did nothing to get him to smile and STILL took the pictures. (GRR!) Daniel’s family had the appointment time right behind us. The Reader’s Digest version is…after 40 minutes of picture taking they walked out without any portraits. This was in part because the photographer took up 20 minutes “fixing” her camera and then the little girls took turns becoming agitated. My next stop…Verizon phone company to “fix” our bill. (GRR!) I’m just too frustrated with them to even type about it. I’m ready to go back to the two cans and a string!

No comments:

Post a Comment