Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Unoffical half day

I forgot to set my alarm clock last night and I woke up at 9:40 am when Jeff called me.  (Happy Birthday Jeff!)  Then I quickly threw my clothes on to go to my dog sitting job.  I'm watching my friends 4 dogs and 4 cats for the weekend.  

When we finally came back from the pet sitting job we had our devotion called "National Fluffernutter Day." It’s a peanut butter, marshmallow cream, and chocolate topped sandwich. I love the shorter version of this sandwich with only the peanut butter and marshmallow cream. The devotion went on to say this was a strange combination for a sandwich. It transitioned into another strange combination - Faith and Works. Many people believe that you can work your way into heaven. That if they do enough good deeds that they will outweigh their bad deeds. This is not what my bible teaches. We will only get to heaven by grace through faith in Jesus. Christians today do not do good deeds IN ORDER TO BE SAVED; we do them as a RESULT of being saved.

I sound like a broken record when it comes to the math paragraphs. Today was another easy math day spent learning how to solve math problems through “problem solving.” It told us to add when the question suggests combining the numbers, subtract when the question suggests comparing the numbers, multiply when the question suggests grouping the numbers, or divide when the question suggests separating the numbers. JD scored a 100% on the quiz.

JD started a new Odyssey book today. It’s called “Light’s Out at Camp What-a-Nut. I love the way the author, Paul McCusker writes. The books are Christian based and easy enough to read. JD usually says they are hard to put down. His exact words during the last to book reports on the Odyssey books were, “A real page turner.”

It was a difficult day to try to get started. I was not really in the mood for school and neither was JD. I had ordered a movie for JD called “Troy.“ It’s about the Trojan/Greek war. Troy is a factual place which was located in what is now Turkey. JD learned about the reason for the 10-year war and the end result of the wooden Trojan horse. The Greeks snuck 30 men into a huge wooden horse that was a “gift” for the Trojans. The Trojans pulled the horse into their walled city. When nighttime came the 30 men snuck out of the horse and did away with the city of Troy. And that was our social studies lesson.

So that was our half day. Once again we did not do science or language arts. I felt so bad for JD earlier this week when public school had a half day and JD was still doing his lessons that I declared today a half day for Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment