Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

4th Game vs the Broncos

Here's a good shot of "Blue defense" getting last minute
direction and pointers from the coaches. (And water too.)
The Tarheels faced the Broncos today, and the final score was 18-0.  (I really do feel bad for other teams who do not score during a game.  But I think I'm the only parent out there concerned about that.)

This was a tense game for the players, fans, and I'm sure the coaches. (Right?.. Defensive Coach Hyder?)   
With the score at 18-0 in the fourth quarter only half of the coaches agreed to leave "Blue defense" and "Blue offense" in the game for play time.  (JD is on both "blue" teams.)  Since this in JD's first year playing football I don't quibble over the amount of time he plays in each game.  (If he's not complaining, I won't complain.)  But with a score of 18-0, leave my child in so he can learn to play better.  This is exactly what the head coach and Jeff did!  (If momma's happy...everybody's happy.) I said to one coach, "Aw come on coach, leave 'em in so they can learn to play better."  But I think it bounced right off of him.  He was more interested in "pitching a shut out."  

I love this action picture.  JD was taught to take 'em down at the feet.  The poor Bronco player had nothing more to do but call out, "TIMBER!"

The bigger they are!!  The harder they fall!!  TIMBER!

I'm fired up!  You're fired up!

1 comment:

  1. wish I could have been there, hope to see another
    game this season. YEAH Tarheels!

    ReplyDelete