Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A good day

It was another good day for JD and I. I guess because we didn’t do all of our lessons again.

The devotion was about a slave named Androcles. He was hiding in the woods and stumbled onto a cave. He was sleeping in the cave when he was awaken by a roaring lion. The lion was hurt and Androcles went over and pulled out a thorn from the lion’s paw. The lion went out and found food for Androcles day after day until the Roman soldiers found him hiding. His punishment? He would be forced to fight a wild animal in the coliseum. The gate was opened and out came a huge lion. It was the lion Androcles helped. They rolled around in the dirt. Once the crowd heard the slaves story both Androcles and the lion were set free. Jesus said, “Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.”

Today’s math lesson was all about finding the surface area of faces, bases, and curved surfaces. The lesson unfolded objects to make it easier on us. (Yeah right!) There’s a formula for each one. And of course they are all different. First we found the surface area of a rectangle. Then, we figured out a cube and finally a cylinder. I don’t know why we didn’t complete the quiz today other than it was a frustrating lesson. I’m glad this lesson is over and I hope we don’t see it on the assessment.

I had JD sign onto T4L to continue with comprehension. Today he learned to compare and contrast stories through an interactive guided study. He did not do a quiz on this.

I also cleaned my clients house today along with my own because my mother-in-law is visiting this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment