Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A very busy day

It was a very busy, busy day today. We had almost a full class load and I did many other things during and after school.

The devotion was about the Sesame Street song which one of these is not like the other and then we had to choose which one. The last question said, “Which one of these is not like the other, and listed Mercy, Kindness, Compassion, and Unforgivingness.” Many people fail to show mercy by refusing to forgive each other. Peter, one of Jesus’ disciple once asked how many times he needed to forgive someone and Jesus answered seven times seventy. The Rabbis of that day said three. This shows us Christians that we should never stop showing mercy to others.

In math today we learned about similar pyramids. It was not a terribly hard lesson. (Thank goodness.) There were two triangles next to each other with different size sides but similar. It was JD’s job to find the missing value by cross multiplying, dividing, and reducing. The hardest part of the lesson was moving the object in my mind in order to get them side by side with the corresponding angles. The quiz only had five questions and he got 4 out of five correct.

I combined language arts with the AWANA book today. JD completed challenge 8:7 which was to either talk for five minutes or write a full page on what he needs to know about God. It had to include the verses in the book (Matthew 28:18 and Philippians 2:9-10) as well as two other verses. We looked together and found Romans 13:1-2 and Joshua 1:8. I helped him type it up until the end where he had to write how knowing God affects his life
How he knows God helps him in his life:
1.) I need to read the bible more because god tells me to.
2.) I need to obey my parents more because god tells me to.
3.) I need to help others because god tells me to.
4.) I need to be my brothers keeper because god tells me to.
5.) I need to love everyone I meet because god tells me to.
JD has completed book three in AWANAs and will earn another award. He’s well on his way to earning the Citation award and scholarship money for college.

We did not do social studies today.

In science we learned about water. The lesson taught us about molecules again. They also told us about positive and negatively charged molecules. Did you know water is a universal solvent. I never thought of it like that but it’s true. They taught JD the freezing points of fresh water verse sea water. And JD learned about “hard” water minerals.

I had JD read his Louis L’Amour book for thirty minutes.

We put up our pool today.  It's getting hot earlier and earlier these day and a nice refreshing dip in the pool feels good.  I also built a mailbox flower spot and moved some of my flowers to it.  I cleaned my flower garden of weeds too.  The last task of the day...a baseball game.  Unfortunately, the Pirates lost this game. 

Whew I'm tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment