Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A busy day

It was a busy school day and we had fun during our social studies tag team game of the European facts.  

The devotion today was about our life being a TV show. If your life was a TV show what would the title of the show be? Mine would be “The Amazing Race” I think, because I'm always on the move. If Jesus’ life were a TV show it would be Love. John 13:34-35 says, “A new command I give to you; Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” The center of everything Jesus did was love.

In the AWANA book today JD completed challenge 7:4 where JD learned that the Holy Spirit helps him pray. He also learned to pray for things that are in God’s will; not his. And that just because he prays in Jesus’ name it may not come true for JD’s sake; rather only if it’s in God’s will. That’s a hard lesson for all of us I guess. He also memorized two backup verses.

The math lesson today was on polygons. Those are objects like triangle, quadrilateral, pentagon, hexagon, and octagon. He scored a 90% on the quiz.

For language arts today I had JD do three short lessons in T4L. He worked on antonyms today. He learned: comply, routine, laden, tedious, and corrupt. He scored and 88% on one quiz and 1 100% on the other. Then, I had him do a Think Aloud guided lesson on an informational article.

We did not do science again today.

For social studies today we looked up basic facts about various countries in Europe. There are so many we only focused on: Iceland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Liechtenstein. This in itself seems excessive but we had fun talking about each one. We decided we want to visit Iceland (beautiful), Germany (family heritage), Luxembourg (size), and Liechtenstein (because it’s so small, that Switzerland once accidentally invaded the country, by simply taking a wrong turn during a training exercise.) We however do not want to visit the Netherlands because it’s going to fall off and sink. Much of the Netherlands is under water and half of the rest is only 1 meter above sea level.

I asked JD if he was bouncing around in the stories he’s reading from the Louis L’Amour book. In fact he is, but he’s reading thirty minutes a day. I just wish he would complete one story and then move to another after telling me what he read.

I got a call from Pope saying JD’s blood work results were in, but I had to contact Womack. I also called JD’s endocrinologist. Still waiting for the results.

We're still cat sitting and JD is still visiting them with me twice a day.  Today he scooted to the house twice.  That 3 miles of scooting and walking today!  Yippie.

No comments:

Post a Comment