Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Friday, March 18, 2011

The princess (me) spent the day at the castle

Happy Birthday to me! It worked out great that I would be in Europe for my birthday. My two men bought me a new Willow Tree figurine of a mother rocking a child under a quilt. The figurine is called The Quilt. We met up for breakfast and Greg gave me a beautiful sweater for my birthday. (Thanks again Greg.)


Today we toured the Edinburgh Castle. We hopped on the tour bus and got off at the Castle stop. It was so cold. I asked one of the castle workers if this was cold to her or normal. She said, “I’m not going to lie, it’s freezing here today.” The castle was not too far of a walk up the hill. Jeff and I thought it would be longer. The three NC Hyder’s walked to the top and Greg and Lyndell caught a ride in the car available. We met at the top by the cannon walls. It was not exactly set up like I thought it would have been, but some in our party of five missed the living area of the castle. We got split up at the first sight or building. Too many stair prevented Lyndell from going up so Greg and Lyndell found the elevator. We saw all the historical museums and such. It was set up really nicely.

There was a bit of stress involved for both the three NC Hyder’s and Greg and Lyndell. We were split up from the very beginning looking for one another the entire time. When we finally net up we realized the three NC Hyder’s finished first. We looked around and around for Greg and Lyndell but were unable to locate them. Thinking they finished and went on shopping we looked outside the castle gates at the shops. On the way we ran into a William Wallace character. I took a picture of JD with him. He was so realistic. Realizing they were not shopping we headed back to the castle. I found an American family that had an email type phone. We emailed Greg but we typed in the wrong address. We had the draw bridge gate worker radio the castle staff looking for both Greg and Lyndell but they all responded negatively. They let me go back in for one last look at that’s when I saw Greg. (Reunited, and it feels so good…) We had lunch together and headed back down the road for more shopping. (Ugh…I’d rather do a math lesson.) But it’s not all about me…others like to shop.

JD found a “Games Workshop” and played a fantasy game with one of the workers. I guess maybe I could best explain it as a milder version of Dungeon and Dragons type game. JD had such a good time playing this game. He even won against the worker. Grammy bought JD a game there for his birthday present. It’s the starter version where he has to assemble all the players and he even has to paint them.

So much walking. (My buns are super tight!) We hailed a cab and went back to our hotel until dinner. The next surprise was dinner out for my birthday celebration.  It was at a fancy Italian restaurant. The food was great as was the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment