Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Edinburgh Tour Bus Day

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! We all kicked ourselves when we realized we had a scheduling error, when we found out we would not be in Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day. Lyndell and Greg were very playful when they stepped off the “lift” (elevator). They both had their St. Patrick’s Day head gear on. It was too cute.

We ate breakfast at our hotel called Caledonian. The buffet was slightly different, but still nourishing. All of you should be VERY proud of me. I tried Haggis. It was truly not bad but I couldn’t get past the fact that it was sheep intestines and oats cooked in a sheep’s stomach. I guess my though was you can’t come to Scotland and not try the Haggis. In Ireland I did try some of Lyndell’s fish too, but I just couldn’t get past the smell. It was halibut and then cod.

We hopped on the Edinburgh tour bus and saw many historical sights. I can’t say what my favorite was. Most all of the old buildings are stone with green algae on them. We have an excellent view of the Edinburgh castle at our hotel. There are so many churches and monuments.

We rode all the way around listening to the prerecorded commentary and then got off to do a bit of shopping. I absolutely hate shopping. There were so many sights just yelling my name. We took lots of pictures. Greg and Lyndell took a cab back to the hotel and the three NC Hyder’s walked back. The three of us relaxed in the room for bit. Jeff got up and took JD to the indoor pool here. JD thought it was “good.”

Later we met up with Greg and Lyndell and found out they walked the entire Princess St shopping walk. Lyndell is such a trooper. The three NC Hyder’s went out to find the candy shop and some dinner. We went to a place called Wanna Burger? The pubs here don’t allow children in them.

I think collectively, we think the Irish were much friendlier. And the weather in Ireland was a bit warmer. The bars were hopping this evening and drunks were outside the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment