Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Friday, January 21, 2011

A good day

It was a good school day. We got all of our classes accomplished. (Yeah)

It’s so coincidental…I’m reading a Monday through Friday Women’s devotion book, JD’s a Monday through Friday devotion book, and my bible daily. It seems like everything is lining up. If I’m studying about Hagar or Lot’s I’ve already read the bible reading that corresponds with the study. Just last night I asked Jeff about the first two commandments and today “Do not make any idols of any kind" comes up in JD’s devotion book. God works in mysterious ways. He must really want me to get it this time. So anyway…JD’s devotion had two boys talking to one another about why we can’t make a carving or painting of what we think God might look like. Since we don’t know what God looks like we might distort our worship with him with out paintings and statues. Then one boy asked the other, “How about I make a statue of a goat and say it looks like you.” “Oh yeah right, me a goat…”

In the AWANA book today JD completed Challenge 2:6. He memorized Acts 16:29-31 about the Philippians jailer who asked “What must I do to be saved?” Now JD knows the bible is true because it changes peoples lives.

The math lesson today was all working with the metric system and finding an even proportion for a fraction or word problem written like a fraction. It started out looking pretty intimating but we made it through the lesson and onto the quiz. I must tell you we were quite surprised that together we scored a 100% on the quiz. (High five’s were in order.)

Today for language arts JD learned some more Greek and Latin root words. The lesson really only focused on “pos” which means putting or making and “act” which means do. The lesson was very engaging for JD. He scored a 100% on the quiz.

For science today we used Time4Learning again. The lesson was about plant vocabulary. I don‘t want to bore you with all the words. JD took the chapter quiz and scored a 80%. Earlier in the day I burned some boxes that were trash. That prompted JD to ask for a bonfire. After our family night dinner I built the promised bonfire. While we were out there I noticed the stars were very bright. I thought I recognized Orion’s belt, but I couldn’t be sure. That’s when it hit me. Sarah’s phone has a star/constellation application on it. I asked her if we could borrow it to look at the stars. All I had to do was point the phone at the constellation and it was Orion’s belt. The application told us planet names, constellation names, the north pole, and the south pole. (I have to get up with technology. It’s time to go Wi-Fi at Faith Christian Academy.)

JD and I did some more exploring for our spring vacation today. We looked at Cork Ireland and the Ring of Kerry for social studies today. It’s suppose to have a spectacular view but we didn’t see anything in our research.

JD read his book Hoot for thirty minutes. He started in the car and finished while we were waiting for our family night pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment