Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Thursday, 20 January, 2011
A good day
I accidentally posted this blog at 12:20am Friday. Thursday was a good day and we got all of the subjects except reading completed before I cleaned my client's house.    

The devotion started out talking about the Mona Lisa. While we have all seen the Mona Lisa and her “smile.” But we haven’t seen the original, unless of course you’ve been to the Louvre Museum in Paris. That painting is an original. It’s one of a kind. God is also unique. He’s one of a kind. God’s first commandment was, “To have no other God’s before me.” There is only one Mona Lisa in the world, but there are many paintings. There is only one God in the universe, and there is none other. We’ll never be satisfied worshiping someone-or something-else.

For social studies today I read an email I got detailing the similarities between presidents Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy. Then, we watched Kennedy’s inaugural address. Next, we watched the video of Kennedy’s assassination. We also watched Lee Harvey Oswald getting assassinated. I know one grandmother who is not going to like the fact that I showed the reality of death and justice to her grandchild, but it’s history.

In the AWANA book JD learned the bible is true because it was written over a period of 1,500 years and yet it all fits together. He memorized Romans 16:26 and 2 Peter 1:21 to back up this new fact about the truth of the bible. He also learned that the events prophesied really happened. He memorized Jeremiah 28:9 and 18:22.

In math today we found ourselves calculating and measuring metrics. Once we remembered whether to multiple or divide (move the decimal right or left) we were okay. JD scored a 90% on the quiz. I notice the other day that there were 272 math lessons this year. We have attended over 80 days thus far. That means we have to double up on some lessons in order to get through the math programs this year. So I tried to squeeze in second lesson, but quickly closed it because I did not want to do the lesson called Proportional Reasoning and Indirect Measurement. The first screen talked about using fractions and I didn’t want to touch those today.

JD did language arts on Time4Learning today. It was about plots, characters, and settings. I allowed him to do it independently today while I folded the laundry. I could here the lesson asking him questions like should pirates be in a desert setting? It sounded very engaging. And it kept him entertained for the whole lesson.

I had JD watch BrainPop videos on seed plants, photosynthesis, and plant growth to reemphasize what we learned over the last couple of days.

Since JD did not read for thirty minutes yesterday I had him read for one hour today. He read his book Hoot while I cleaned my client’s house.

No comments:

Post a Comment