Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

This is the 200th post!

Wow 200 posts!  I can't believe I have THAT much to say and you're THAT bored to read it! 

Today was a good school day that turned into a half day of sorts so I could help out our church with the annual Christmas Toy Store. I have traditionally filled the “shopper” slot and for anyone that knows me I hate shopping. Suppose God is trying to teach me patience? We have clients from around Spring Lake that come to get two presents for each child - for free. The toys come from a combination of donations or money from area churches in our association and local kids clubs like Kiwanis Club’s. This Toy Store will last for three days. Jeff and I also serve in the counseling rooms and other areas if needed. So today is my shopping day and then tomorrow starts with the client’s appointments.

The devotion today was about a meteor local office being established in 1654 in Tuscany, Italy. That’s when they started recording daily temperatures. Because of weathermen we can now prepare for the cold fronts and the heat waves. Today’s verse was Rev 3:15-16, “I know all the things you do, that you are neither hpot nor cold. I wish you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, I will spit you out of my mouth.” This verse refers to those people sitting on the fence about the RELATIONSHIP with God. They sit on top of the fence and look at the world and want some of that. They also look the other way and see God and want some of that. God wants believers to be hot or cold and is saying, “Be fully committed and pick ONE!”

Today’s math lesson was on “histograms.” Those types of graphs show data that can be placed in equal intervals. It was a simple lesson and JD scored a 90% on the quiz. (Yea)

We did not do social studies, science, or language arts today because of the shopping errands.

JD laid out on the couch today and read Grace for the Moment. It’s always funny to me how he asks, “Have I read for thirty minutes?” So I put a post-it page tab on the clock and when the second hand reaches the time he can stop. That saves me from having to answer the question five times in thirty minutes. (smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment