Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A "Snow Day" in N.C.

We recieved a slight bit of snow flurries that turned into a small amount of sleet that turned into icy roads this morning in Harnett County.  So the schools here closed for the day. Last night I was watching the news and it showed a 2 hour delay for most schools, but our county has a lot of country bus routes and I guess they wanted to be safe. So JD and I took advantage of the “Snow day” and cancelled school here too.

I still had my part-time cleaning job to do so we packed up at around 10:45am and went down the street to McDonalds for lunch. I figured a “date” would do JD good. A lot of attention has been paid to the little grand girls and Jeff and I think JD is getting jealous.

After lunch we went to my client’s house for 2 1/2 hours. JD’s friend was there so they played with I cleaned. I came right home from there and changed clothes, made a fresh pot of coffee, and relaxed for a few minutes before heading off to the Toy Store from 4:00-8:30pm.

Today in JD’s room I found the language arts lesson from 3 Dec ripped up.  This was the lesson where I had him write three things for God to help him with and five things he was thankful for. I had him post it by his headboard so he would have topics to talk with God about. When asked why he ripped it up he told me he was mad at an unnamed individual in the house. (I think the “jealous seed” is growing.) This anger happened on the 11th while Jeff and I were at his company Christmas party.

When we got home from the church tonight I found all the pieces to the written letter and taped them together. JD already told me he would rewrite it neatly. I think that’s a wonderful solution. He asked if I still loved him and I said, “Yes.” I asked if he still loved me and he said, “Yes.” I said, “I’m not mad at you for ripping it up. It was a letter to God. I’m just disappointed.” The last thing JD told me tonight was, “Thank you mommy for finding all those pieces and helping me out.” (Aw, he’s so sweet.)

1 comment:

  1. Christmas break begins this afternoon here...
    when will it began at Faith?

    ReplyDelete