Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Friday, April 2, 2010

A good half day

Today was a very short day. I was a half day for public school and I am still watching JD’s friend in the afternoons so we went on a half day too. My nose is going crazy today. I must have sneezed at least 10 times during our devotion and then again during geometry. I feel like “Sneezy” from the Seven Dwarfs. I figure it must be allergies. But I’m not allergic to anything that I know of. But these past couple of years spring time has been difficult. Everything from breaking out into hives to sneezing my head off.

The devotion today was about the U.S. mint that was established in 1792. It asked JD what he would do if he had tons of money. Of course he would buy lots and lots of toys! It warned us that the love of money can lead to greed, theft, broken relationships, anger, hatred, cheating, and even murder. Money itself isn’t bad. In fact, God gives us money and other resources to use FOR HIM. But loving it and craving it is bad.

We still have not made it to the library yet so we didn’t read anything together. I had JD use that time to clean his room for his afternoon “play date.” A friend from our church asked if we wanted to come over to her house today and I told her I watch another child in the afternoons. So I invited her here. JD has a difficult time with his neighborhood “friend.” But if the child JD is playing with is older or a couple of years younger than him he gets along just fine. He hardly ever fights with girls either. This play date was with a girl friend. (Not girlfriend!)

The geometry lesson was about maps and drawings that were drawn miniature. For example: A road atlas shows the road and has a legend that says 2 cm = 10 miles. We had to figure out how many miles it was from point A to point B, and the only distance we had was it was 10 cm. It called for multiplication and division in some cases. We also had to figure out scales size statues to real statues. (I love math about as much as I love the dentist.)

The last topic of our half day was spelling. JD quickly took his test and scored a 100%.

It will be nice not to do any lessons for the next week. JD will be on spring break and we have decided to go to Tennessee for a couple of days. It will just be JD and me, because Jeff just started his new two weeks ago and doesn’t have any leave yet. But what will I do to entertain myself? Stay tuned for our adventures.

1 comment: