Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Monday, March 7, 2011

A frustrating day

I promised JD that I would drop math and language arts today and focus on only science and social studies. Too bad only social studies didn't even get completed. (Grr)

The devotion was about C.S. Lewis and his book called Mere Christianity. It had a portion of the booking speaking about quarreling. Quarreling means trying to show that the other man is wrong. Most of the time we quarrel to ask for justice or fairness. It all comes back to treat others better than yourselves, then we won’t quarrel.

Today in the AWANA book we worked on challenge 5:7. That led us to research the internet again. Today we looked up more AWANA missionaries. We were looking for a couple that had a child. The assignment was to encourage the child by writing to them or sending a small gift. We sent the following message to a couple who listed children. “My 12 year old son Jonathan is in his third AWANA book. Challenge 5:7 is to encourage a child of a current missionary. We were wondering if one of your daughters is at the age where an encouraging email would be appreciated.” I thought that may look a bit suspicious what with all the creeps on the internet so I signed it as AWANA Commander at First Baptist Church. Now we will just have to wait to see what happens.

For social studies we looked up more information about Ireland. JD was not paying attention today. He was messing with the dogs, singing (again) and doing other things that we not productive to our lesson. I then asked him to think of five questions about Ireland and type them out. These would have been things he “wondered” about, like the weather there or their president. I left him alone and went outside to take down the water logged tent from his birthday. When I came back in (15 minutes later) he had not done a thing. I was fuming. I explained that this was an easy task. There must be things he wonders about he trip he just didn’t want to do it. We finally worked together (I suggested things and he typed.) He did come up with five questions. Then, I had him research the answers on the internet. This worked well but you could see him zoning out. One question was Why do they drink so much. His “researched” answer…Probably because there’s nothing to do in Ireland.

I got so frustrated I called it quits for the day. JD knew I was not pleased about the day and apologized.

I also had to call all the bus riders for our church to let them know the busses will pick them up only if they call first. Apparently, we go to their houses and no one is home. Then, I had to post a message in the church bulletin that AWANA’s has been shortened by one hour. We do not have sufficient teachers to run the program correctly.

Did not do science or reading.

My last few tasks of the day were returning three pairs of pants back to Ross. Jeff put them in the cart and continued shopping. I asked at the checkout if he had JD try them on. He answered, “No.” My response, “Well I’ll be back Monday to return them.” What do you know I went back. And the girl recognized me when I said, “My husband didn’t have him try them on.” She said, “Yeah, I remember you. I was the one checking you guys out.” I spent about 1 ½ hours hemming the pants after I got home. My last task of the days was completing two of last weeks blogs. Whew, I’m tired…

No comments:

Post a Comment