Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Friday, October 15, 2010

A good day

It was a good day except for the time we spend in math. Today is “National Poetry Day” or so says the devotion today. The devotion referred us to wonderful book of poetry called Psalm. Psalm 127:3 says, “Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.” (I knew that…and I love that I was blessed with my son.)

The math lesson today re-taught us how to add and subtract decimals. It was simple enough; just line up the decimals points and add or subtract. It was not the “fun” type of lesson that JD likes so his attitude was poor when he pulled up his chair. It continued throughout the lesson. I reminded him that he has complete control over his attitude, but it did not change. He breezed through the lesson and went on to the quiz. JD scored a 100% on the quiz.

Today in social studies we did another review on Central and South America. We reviewed the countries, capitals, landforms, and bodies of water. I used the same webpage as I did last week. We worked together on all four quizzes. We had to take the capitals quiz 5 times to get a 100%, twice for the countries, once for both the landforms and bodies of water. We had fun working together.

We learned about the endocrine system today in science. We learned about all those different glands and their functions. We worked together on workbook pages 82 (labeling the glands) and page 83 (drawing lines from the written function of the glands to the picture.) Then we took the quiz. We scored a 70% the first time and retook it for a score of 100%. Monday will be the dreaded reproductive system. (Put me on your prayer chain - smile)

I had errands to do today so I had JD wait to do his 30 minutes of reading until the end of the day. He finished the book called Lights Out at Camp What-a-Nut. We did not do a book report on it today. We will accomplish this on Monday.

I had JD do his language arts lesson on the road. He did two pages out of his workbook. Page 75 was about language and its usage. An example: Mr. Berg will teach/learn us about camping. (There really are people out there that don’t recognize the difference.) Page 77 was also about word usage. This time he had to rewrite the sentences with the correct usage.

1 comment:

  1. Prayer for Monday, ok. Glad for easy math days.
    My eyes glaze over, lose consciousness when we get into this math stuff. I want to watch that DVD when school is over this year. Good week.

    ReplyDelete