Welcome to the blog and thanks for visiting.

We hope you enjoy our daily adventures...doing God's will.

Friday, September 24, 2010

A nice day

We did our devotion and read the rest of Psalm 119. We also read Daniel 2 because the devotion led us to learn ways to get through stages of panic. Then we moved straight into math. The math lesson was about writing in “exponential form.” It’s too complicated to write about so I’ll just move onto the next lesson.
(Picture NOT drawn by JD)

We did not do a science lesson today because I was absolutely consumed with siting the prior days lesson with the website I used for skeleton system. I tried desperately to find the same website but was unable. So I gave up. Then, I went into my computer’s history and changed a few things so it would remember where I had been days prior. So once I find a website I liked I can easily find it again.

I went to my part-time cleaning job today and took JD with me. First, he read independently for 30 minutes. Then, I had him do his literature lesson in his workbook. The story this time was called Wolf, by Jack London. JD read two pages and then answered three pages of question. Once again, it reinforced comprehension, vocabulary, and idioms. It also helped him write in complete sentences and proper verb usage. I know it seems like he should already know how to write in complete sentences, but public school put us behind the power curve on this one. I think that‘s why I like this literature book so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment